Friday, February 10, 2006

We should join MENSA...or something

My niece and I are the same age. We are only three days apart. So, if you're trying to keep track, my mom and my sister were in the hospital at the same time. We have always been pretty close, so I shouldn't have been surprised that we sent each other very similar 30th birthday cards.

Her card to me read:

You know you're getting older when farting no longer makes you laugh...
But laughing makes you fart.



My card to her read:

A Poem for Your Birthday
All About Farts

A fart can be quiet,
A fart can be loud,
Some leave a powerful, poisonous cloud.

A fart can be short,
Or a fart can be long,
Some farts have been to sound just like a song.

A fart can create a most curious medley,
A fart can be harmless,
Or silent, but deadly.

A fart might not smell,
While others are vile,
A fart may pass quickly, or linger a while.

A fart can occur in a number of places,
And leave everyone with strange looks on their faces.

From wide-open prairie,
To small elevators,
A fart will find all of us sooner or later.

But not all farts are bad,
This is simply not true -
We mustn't forget Dear Sweet Old Farts like you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Your Ad Here