Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Four years of wedded bliss

Our anniversary was Saturday. The day started out with me grocery shopping. I had to take Grace because she wasn't ready when Gregg left to get Mackenzie. Yes, two toddlers. Romantic. It gets better.

Gregg was supposed to meet me and take Grace after he picked up Mackenzie. Well, of course her mother was late. So I was basically done when they showed up. Grace was getting antsy and I can't blame her. You must be half insane to go grocery shopping on a Saturday morning. She didn't want to ride in the little car in the front of the grocery cart and she would wander off when she got out. So I made her sit in the cart. This brought on a full force tantrum like I have never seen. She slapped me across the face. My sweet, bright daughter whom I lovingly carried for 9 months slapped me. Hard. I was sure my cheek was red. (Gregg said it wasn't). Right there in the frozen food aisle we had a Come to Jesus meeting. She is not to slap anyone. Ever. The Scooby Doo plates she had picked out earlier were held hostage until she listened. Gregg showed up to find a screaming and crying two year old. There goes Mother of the Year.

After lunch and a nap (bribery DOES work) we took them to see Chicken Little and they both actually WATCHED it. (Note to Disney: WHY in the name of all that is good and right in the world do you insist on killing off one of the parents? WHY?!)

After the movie was our time. We got crab legs and I made Red Lobster biscuits. Recipe follows. The girls pretty much played in Mackenzie's room. I'm not going to say we ignored them. They have fun playing by themselves. I had ordered a cake and we also had champage. Our big plans of getting away will have to wait. We have a downpayment on a house to worry about. Sure, Grace may be out of high school by then, but we will get there.

I will put up pictures as soon as I have Gregg show me how. Then I won't have to wait for him to do it anymore :)

Red Lobster Biscuits

These could not be any easier.

Get a box of Bisquick. Follow the directions on the box for biscuits. Add 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese to the mixture. Put them on a cookie sheet and top with a mixture of melted butter, garlic powder and parsley. Bake according to directions on the box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Your Ad Here