Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Gracie

Raising a toddler can be a challenge, to say the least. Grace has moments when she can be the sweetest girl you have ever met. Gregg has a cold so he has been coughing and sneezing a lot. After each time he sneezed, Grace, without even looking up from what she was playing with in the back seat piped up with "Bless you". It was so sweet and so cute I wanna kill myself. Apparently she is in training to become a nurse. When Gregg fell asleep on the couch this weekend she found a cough drop and was trying to shove it into his mouth while he was sleeping. Well, she had good intentions!

Then there is the independent "I do it myself", "No, I don't want any help" side of raising a toddler. Hey, I'm all for allowing her to try things on her own and figure out everyday things. One of my biggest goals as her parent is to allow her to become self-reliant. It is just frustrating that everything has to be a battle. I'm not your enemy. Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you.

I am constantly amazed at the things that she picks up. We're always asking ourselves "Where did she get THAT from?". I was chewing out Gregg for something under my breath (he wasn't even around). Sure enough later that day she is telling daddy that he is in trouble. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Your Ad Here