Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Daycare Dropoff Drama

Being that I am a morning person and Gregg stays up late he is the one who puts Grace to bed while I am the one who gets her up and ready and drops her off at daycare. For the past few weeks Grace has just CLUNG to me when it's time to say good bye at daycare. She knows it's coming and the lagging and whining starts from the time I bring her downstairs until it's time to walk into the classroom. Getting dressed takes a good 15 minutes, getting out the door at home is work and then getting her into the actual classroom is like pulling teeth. She did so well for so long that I just don't know where this all is coming from.

This morning her teacher asked what was going on and I really didn't have an answer. She said that even after I leave and Grace finishes breakfast her teacher will ask if she is done and Grace doesn't answer, she just glares at her. Great, I'm raising a sociopath.

Just dropping her off in the room and walking out doesn't work either. The theory of just let them "cry it out" or "quick and painful, like a bandaid" hasn't helped. From the way it sounds she is mopey all morning. I know she needs more sleep for one. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foster children - easy to love, hard to lose
Being a foster parent: "isn't it hard?" Well, says veteran foster parent Robin Hosmer, it's easy - and it's hard.
Do you market anything on the net? Please visit my site at; rss ezine publishing I'm sure you will find it very useful.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Can Grace tell you why she suddenly doesn't like daycare? If she can't put it into words and her teachers have no idea why there is a sudden problem, I'd try the extra sleep for a week or so and see how it goes.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

She's not really verbal in all of her needs and wants yet. If we ask her if she wants A or B she can say yes or no, but I'm not sure she can articulate what is wrong yet.

She has had a new teacher for the past two months or so, but seems to really like her.

We had her to the pediatrician today for just a minor cold. Hopefully medication and a earlier bed time will do the trick.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google

Your Ad Here